Remote Medical International is entrusted as a health and safety service provider by our clients. We take this trust seriously and believe that excellence in health and safety begins internally.
Our employees are our most important resource, and their safety is unequivocally our number one priority. Activities will be conducted on the basis that the safety of all personnel, vendors, clients, and stakeholders are of vital importance. We will constantly strive to achieve zero injuries and illnesses.
We believe that occupational injuries and illnesses can be prevented through safe and responsible operational management. Fundamental attention to detail in matters of health, safety, and environment are vital in achieving our mission.
Our Health and Safety Policy
Our Health and Safety policy is supported by the following action plans:
- We ensure that our work environment is safe and healthy for every employee.
- We minimize our social and environmental impact in the areas we operate.
- We will meet or exceed compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- We maintain a leadership position through the on-going development of Health and Safety initiatives and improvement.
- When an injury or serious injury occurs, we will thoroughly and completely determine its cause and share lessons learned with our facilities and employees worldwide.
- All employees are accountable for performing their daily activities in a manner consistent with our Health and Safety policy.
- We will integrate our Health and Safety practices, standards, and goals into our global business plans in a manner that assures consistent and effective implementation.
Our Health and Safety Objectives
- We ensure Health and Safety excellence as an on-going process that integrated into every aspect of what we do. We strive to achieve best-in-the-industry performance.
Our objectives include:
- Ensure a safe and healthy work environment for all clients, staff, vendors, and sub-contractors.
- Provide an open-communication and no-risk reporting system.
- Encourage all employees to take an active role in Health and Safety Management.
- Participate in applicable Health and Safety organizations to increase overall industry safety.
- Integrate risk management systems and Health and Safety considerations throughout all company levels.
How We Achieve our Health and Safety Objectives
We identify and evaluate Health and Safety risks and implement effective methods for risk reduction in a formal and documented manner.
We plan and prepare safe working procedures so that measures can be taken immediately to implement necessary changes and ensure emergency preparedness.
We document, report, and monitor accidents, near-misses, and dangerous occurrences and review all incidents quarterly to ensure updated practices and business processes.
Health & Safety Policy Manuals
We provide all of our employees with an OH&S manual that incorporates general principles and procedures as well as project specific OH&S principles and procedures.
Emergency Response Plan
We have established emergency response and business continuity procedures to ensure effective management of sudden emergencies through all levels of the company. We test these procedures to ensure the continual improvement of our response systems.
Health and safety management is an on-going process. Remote Medical International will continually promote methods and practices that have the potential for improving safety and security for ourselves and our clients. In order to ensure that our policy is pertinent, effective, and in-line with our business processes, this policy is reviewed quarterly during the Health and Safety Review Meeting and during each incident investigation.