Remote Medical International, Adventure Medic, and The Institute of Remote Healthcare (IRHC) have teamed up with Canon Master Photographer Krystle Wright to bring you the 2017 Photography Contest: Medicine At The Extremes. Submit your striking digital photographs to celebrate medics working in extreme environments.
Submit your original images that showcase the wide range of medical roles and environments of remote medicine to the IRHC & Adventure Medic Photography Contest. These can include (but are not limited to):
- Expedition medicine and wilderness medicine
- Military medicine
- Mountain medicine
- Ski medicine, endurance
- Remote and offshore work
We are also interested in unusual photographs of medical interventions, training, or simulation. Please remember that patient confidentiality must be respected, and that images should be appropriate for dissemination to a worldwide audience.
Prizes and Awards
The photography contest winning image and the highly commended runner-up images will be announced on April 1, 2017. They will be displayed on the Adventure Medic and Institute of Remote Healthcare websites.
- The Overall Winner will receive:
- The first runner-up will receive also a Mountain Equipment Helium 3.8 sleeping mat
- Submit up to 3 images via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31, 2017
- Please provide your:
- Home address
- Contact telephone number
- A caption detailing the subject of the image
- The location where it was taken
- Images should be submitted as .jpg files of up to 3 Mb in size and at least 80% quality. To have a chance of winning, you must also be able to produce the image at a resolution of 6 megapixels of higher (2832 pixels by 2128 pixels or higher) on request
- Please note that by entering the competition, you give Adventure Medic and IRHC non-exclusive permission to use the images, credited to you, in online and printed form
This year’s photography contest will be judged by Adventure Photographer, Canon Master, and F-Stop Global Icon Krystle Wright. Krystle’s incredible adventure images have been featured in National Geographic, Outside Magazine, and a host of other international publications.
*Cover image taken by Dr. Andrew Buckley, the 2016 competition winner.