Better care. Fewer recordables.
When an employee is injured on the job, ensuring they get appropriate and effective care is critical for a positive outcome for the employee and their employer. Remote Medical International’s injury management service delivers successful outcomes through effective planning, fast response, ongoing management of injuries, and detailed reporting.
Our injury management is different because we work hard to build the trusted relationships necessary to deliver the best outcomes, even for complicated cases. We do this by:
- Responding to incidents with board–certified physicians whose medical advice employees are more likely to trust and who are better equipped to speak with treating doctors and specialists
- Building direct relationships with clinics, including physician to physician conversations, rather than relying on generic referral networks
- Offering a customer success program that empowers your health and safety staff to effectively introduce the service to your workforce, maximizing the chances that they contact the injury management hotline when an injury occurs
Our approach to injury management provides significant benefits to both our clients and their employees. These include:
- Better health outcomes for patients due to research–driven conservative treatment protocols
- Reductions in unnecessary recordable incidents
- Less lost time and faster return to work
- Reductions in worker’s compensation costs
- Consistent injury response processes across your company’s worksites
- Seamless integration with our medical screening and on-site medical services
We identify medical facilities that provide appropriate occupational care near each of your worksites. For each location we identify:
- A primary and secondary occupational health or urgent care clinic
- Emergency Department and/or closest trauma center
- Outpatient imaging
When vetting a clinic we confirm the resource is fit for purpose (i.e. drug screen collections, x-ray, etc.), availability for after-hours care, comprehension of OSHA sensitivity (i.e. recordables, lost time), and acceptance of your company’s specific workers’ compensation insurance.
Once we have fully vetted a clinic, we provide them with a medical packet that includes protocols, instructions, insurance information, worker’s compensation and billing information, and any necessary testing documents, such as chain of custody forms.
When an injury of any level occurs, our board-certified physicians are available by phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year to help ensure an optimal outcome. On average, it takes only seven seconds for a medical coordination specialist to answer, who then connects the call with one of our physicians. Every patient—no matter how minor or serious the injury—speaks with a licensed doctor to determine if on-site treatment is appropriate, or if a clinic visit is necessary.
When a case is taken off-site, you can trust Remote Medical International injury management services to help you navigate the healthcare system and ensure an appropriate, cost-effective treatment is given.
We can recommend appropriate medical facilities that often specialize in occupational medicine, schedule appointments and send reminders, review treatments to verify they are appropriate and cost-effective, and confirm adherence to post-appointment treatments by the patient. By being involved in the case from the start, and closely monitoring it for its duration, we can reduce unnecessary recordable incidents, keep workers’ compensation costs as low as possible, and help reduce lost time by returning employees to work as quickly as possible.
We know that data is the lifeblood of effective management, so we provide our clients with regular reports on the status of cases. These include:
- Real–time communication with the local health & safety manager and the project superintendent whenever an incident occurs
- Status updates for ongoing cases every time one of our staff interacts with the patient or their doctors
- Monthly injury reports showing metrics such as patient interactions, sites where injuries occured, work-related or not, and type of injury
Our reporting tools will ensure you’re always up to date on active cases and can identify trends in workplace safety, presenting targeted solutions during the course of a project.