Megan McCarthy is a full-time instructor for Remote Medical International, and leads courses all over the world. With previous experience as a Professional Ski Patroller and Sea Kayak Guide, she brings first-hand knowledge of remote medical scenarios to the team.
In addition to teaching participants how to apply remote medical techniques, Megan enjoys building a community with the knowledge and confidence to use their skills.
Megan has a B.S. in Exercise Science from the University of Puget Sound, and has presented at the Northwest Snow and Avalanche Workshop. In her free time, she volunteers with First Descents as the medical support for week-long whitewater kayaking trips for cancer survivors.
In her free time, Megan enjoys:
- Skiing at Mount Baker Ski Area
- Mountain Biking anywhere there are trails
- Sea kayaking in the San Juan Islands
- Tending a year-round vegetable garden
- Wilderness First Responder
- Wilderness/Remote Emergency Medical Technician
- National Registry Emergency Medical Technician (NREMT) – Basic
- Medical Person in Charge (MPIC)
- CPR for the Professional Rescuer
- Rigging for Rescue
- Avalanche Level I & II
- Certified Blaster
Remote Medical International specializes in remote and tactical training medicine courses. Fortified by the ongoing experience of our medical support division, we focus our curriculum on the skills and topics that matter most. From basic first aid to advanced life support training, your personnel will learn from cutting-edge case studies and proven techniques that are applicable to remote locations across the globe. Please visit our course description pages for more information or contact us at email@example.com.