This military scholarship offers active duty military members and veterans the chance to apply for a tuition waiver for an online / onsite Hybrid Remote Emergency Medical Technician or Hybrid Advanced Emergency Medical Technician training course hosted by Remote Medical International.
Remote Medical International® (RMI) is proud to announce a new scholarship program designed to provide active military and veterans with the continued ability to help others through acquiring the skills to act as a Remote Emergency Medical Technician (REMT) or Advanced Emergency Medical Technician (AEMT).
As a global leader in the provision of remote and tactical medical training and support services, we have trained and certified over 17,000 students from all branches of the US military, law enforcement, FBI, Border Patrol, Wounded Warriors, and other government and commercial organizations.
Remote Medical International is long-time supporter of military members and veterans and recognizes that the skills and leadership traits instilled within military personnel are easily identified as contributing to the success of the company. This scholarship initiative was designed improve the awardee’s ability to save lives in their current role, ease the transition from a military to a civilian workforce, or enhance their employment opportunities in today’s job market.
“The entire team, including myself, is eager to offer the Military Scholarship Program,” said Wayne Wager, CEO of Remote Medical International. “We value our Remote Medical team members that have served in the military and want to reach out and offer our courses to other military personnel. It’s our way of saying ‘thanks for your service’ and providing an opportunity to gain valuable medical skills.”
Applicants interested in being considered for the military scholarship must complete the application process by Friday, December 16, 2016. Awardee(s) will be announced by January 10, 2017. Scholarship must be used for a public Hybrid Remote EMT or Hybrid AEMT course in 2017, hosted by Remote Medical International.
- You must be active duty military, or a military veteran with an honorable discharge and no criminal record
- You must be able to provide a copy of honorable discharge papers such as DD214 (or equivalent) or current copy of a military ID card
- You must be able to sign a media release and, upon winning, provide Remote Medical International with media and a short write up of your experiences and highlights from the course, which may be featured on the company blog, website, social pages, or other materials
- Be 18 years old with a high school diploma or equivalent
- Have conducted a PPD (tuberculosis) test at a doctor’s office within six months of course start date
- Be able to provide a record of immunization against Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR), Hepatitis B, and Tetanus
- Be able to lift 250 pounds with assistance
- If you wish to apply for the H-AEMT course, you must also be currently registered with the NREMT at the EMT level or hold a valid state license at the EMT level
- Must be able to complete eLearning coursework prior to the course on a computer that is able to use Adobe Flash Player and one of the following browser versions: Internet Explorer 7.0 and above, Mozilla 3.5 and above, Google Chrome 1.0 and above, or Safari 4.0 and above
- Must provide your own transportation to and from the course, as well as meals and accommodations
- Must purchase own required textbooks for the course
Applicants must apply via http://info.remotemedical.com/militaryscholarship. If you have additional questions, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with MILITARY SCHOLARSHIP in the subject line.
About Remote Medical International
Seattle-based Remote Medical International is a leading global provider of integrated medical support solutions, medical supplies, personnel, training, and technology, designed to meet the health and safety requirements of land-based and off-shore customers operating in remote locations and harsh environments. Established in 2003, Remote Medical has been recognized six times by Inc. 500 and Inc. 5000 as one of the fastest growing companies in the United States. Remote Medical has locations within the United States, United Kingdom, and Kenya. For more information about Remote Medical International, visit www.remotemedical.com.