As part of our ongoing effort to evolve our screening, testing, and consulting services around our clients’ changing needs, Remote Medical International (RMI) is now offering COVID-19 Rapid On-Site Testing Services.
Why Have We Decided to Offer Rapid On-Site Testing?
Rapid On-Site Testing is a high-demand service that our customers have been requesting for their projects.
With Rapid On-Site Testing:
- Our staff can deliver the COVID-19 test results much quicker.
- A quick turnaround time can help reduce the risk of COVID-19 worksite exposure.
- Reducing exposure allows your employees to maintain efficient operations.
How Is Rapid On-Site Testing Different from the Other Forms of Testing We Offer?
Our current, most utilized testing method is lab-based molecular testing, which is highly accurate but can only be completed at an offsite laboratory, making for a much slower turnaround time (at least 24 hours from receipt at the lab).
In some cases, our clients need faster results. Rapid On-Site Testing enables this to happen.
How Rapid On-Site Testing Works
The entire testing process takes place in a client location, and follows the steps below:
- Much like our lab-based PCR testing, it starts with swabbing the participant’s nose.
- Instead of sending the sample off to a lab, the “lab” comes to the site.
- The sample gets mixed with a reagent and then placed in a testing cartridge.
- Depending on the type of test, the cartridge goes into an analyzer, which eventually gives the tester a result.
The Advantages Rapid On-Site Testing Gives Our Customers
The whole process takes about 15-20 minutes per participant to yield a result, which is much faster than the 24 hours or more it takes to get results from off-site lab molecular testing.
Our customers will have the advantage of knowing the results of the COVID-19 test faster, which allows them quicker decision making. While the accuracy is not as high as the lab-based testing, faster results can help HSE teams make decisions about how to keep on-site workers safe.
Since there are some differences in Rapid On-Site Testing’s accuracy compared to lab-based molecular testing, the rapid method should be used in conjunction with off-site lab molecular testing for a more robust COVID-19 testing program.
Is your company interested in COVID-19 Rapid On-Site Testing?
RMI can provide solutions, including:
- Medical staff to conduct tests.
- The equipment and PPE you’ll need.
- The reporting process.
- The necessary clinical governance to ensure testing is in compliance with local medical regulations
We deliver Rapid On-Site Testing Services and provide your organization with a truly hands-off experience.